Whether you want to bake with love, share your loving home with a new furry family member, or watch the tale of two star-crossed lovers, here are five Hamptons Valentine’s Day activities.
1. If you happened to miss Orlando Bloom on Broadway as Romeo, not to worry. Screenvision, in partnership with Broadway Everywhere, is bringing the adaptation of William Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet” to movie theaters just in time for the romantic holiday. The classic love story which co-stars two-time Tony nominated Condola Rashad, will screen at Guild Hall (158 Main Street, East Hampton, 631-324-0806, www.guildhall.org) on Friday, February 14, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $18 for general admission and $16 for members.
2. The Southampton Historical Museum (17 Meeting House Lane, Southampton, 631-283-2494, www.southamptonhistoricalmuseum.org) is hosting a Linzer Tart Baking Workshop at the Rogers Mansion on Thursday, February 6, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Deborah Shaughnessy will teach attendees how to create the scrumptious Austrian dessert. The class is $25 for members and $35 for non-members.
3. “Love Is in the Air” at Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons (ARF), who is holding a Valentine Open House on Sunday, February 9, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The afternoon will include adoptions, tours, refreshments and a free chance to win a Samsung 50″ LED HD TV courtesy of Crescendo Designs. Bring the family to the ARF Adoption Center (90 Daniels Hole Road, Wainscott, 631-537-0400, www.arfhamptons.org) to spread the love and adopt a new member of the family.
4. Guild Hall (www.guildhall.org) is also hosting a Valentine Cookie Workshop on Saturday, February 8, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Decorate delicious Valentine cookies with guidance from an experienced pastry chef. The class costs $10 for non-members and $8 for members, which includes all the tasty ingredients.
5. Kids can share the love by creating a special Valentine’s Day card for their valentine at the Hampton Library (2478 Main Street, Bridgehampton, 631-537-0015, www.hamptonlibrary.org), from Friday, February 7 through Sunday, February 9, at 10 a.m.