Southamptonfest is back in its 11th year, drawing attendees from all over New York and featuring a weekend of arts & crafts, live entertainment, amusements, shopping, pumpkins, and the popular chowder contest — plus a whole lot more.
Southamptonfest 2023 Schedule:
Friday, September 29th, 2023
- Event Kick-off (6:30 pm – 9:30 pm): Join us for a high-energy cocktail party at Southampton Arts Center, where old and new friends will gather. Enjoy live music, complimentary beer, and wine from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, followed by a cash bar until 9:30 pm, sponsored by the Southampton Rotary Club. Purchase tickets here.
Saturday, September 30th, 2023 (Saturday):
- All-Day Festivities (Throughout The Village): Immerse yourself in a day full of exciting activities throughout The Village of Southampton.
- Live Music: Bands including Eastbound Freight, Charles Certain Band, Next Level Band, and Mean Machine will perform in Agawam Park and the Southampton Arts Center.
- Chowder Contest: Sample delicious chowders from local restaurants, caterers, and food trucks.
- Entertainment: Be entertained by Jester Jim, thanks to The Rogers Memorial Library/Friends of the Library. Enjoy balloon art, courtesy of Southampton Kiwanis Club.
- Shopping: Explore one-of-a-kind treasures curated by Hampton Flea & Vintage, offering a market fair.
- Interactive Experiences: The Southampton Village Fire Department will provide a hook and ladder truck for thrilling sky-high opportunities and giveaways for kids. The Southampton Village Police Department invites you to “Coffee with a Cop.” Learn about marine life at the ‘Touch Tank’ by East End Explorer. Kids can practice their slap shots on Southampton Ice Rink’s synthetic rink, with giveaways and prizes.
- Cultural Experiences: Tarot Tauk will offer tarot readings and Reiki sound baths on the steps of the Southampton Arts Center. Capture Instagram-worthy moments with a 360-degree camera at the Southampton Arts Center.
- Art + Design Walk: Participate in the Art + Design Walk, visiting galleries and stores, collecting cards at each stop, and entering to win a grand prize package.
- Cultural Insights: Explore the Peter Marino Art Foundation, the Pelletreau Silver Shop at the Southampton History Museum, and historic cemetery tours on North Main Street.
- Sidewalk Sales and Tastings: Enjoy sidewalk sales and tastings from village shops and restaurants.
- Polar Bear Scavenger Hunt: Embark on a self-guided tour throughout the Village with prizes available from Noon to 4 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. The church will also host arts and crafts and games for kids.
- Art Showcase: The Southampton Artists Association presents an art showcase featuring professional and amateur artists from the East End.
- Musical Event: “The Sound of Art” by Southampton Village Trustee Robin Brown, featuring local high school musicians at various art galleries.
- Shinnecock Dances: Experience traditional Shinnecock Dances performed by the Boys and Girls Club of Shinnecock Nation.
- Museum Tours: The Southampton African American Museum offers tours, including an exhibit entitled “On View: Tariku Shifewar, Making Space: One of These Black Boys.” The Southampton Cultural Center presents “Icelandic Poetry” photography by Ron Buchter and Keith A. Mannin. The Southampton Arts Center opens its doors for the last chance to see the riveting exhibit: “Change Agents: Women Collectors Shaping the Art World.”
October 1st, 2023 (Sunday):
- Farmers Market (All Day): Don’t miss the popular Chamber of Commerce Farmers Market in Agawam Park, featuring local produce and tasty treats for all.
We extend our heartfelt thanks to the local organizations and generous sponsors who have made this annual event possible. Special thanks to the Cheese Shoppe for their contribution to this year’s chowder contest. Enjoy Southamptonfest 2023!