Tuesday, September 16th is National Guacamole Day and Dos Caminos is celebrating by sharing their tasty Chipotle-Goat Cheese Guacamole recipe. Pair the guac and chips with a Marvelous Mango Margarita.
Chipotle-Goat Cheese Guacamole: (makes 4 servings)
1. In a medium size bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon onion, 1 teaspoon of minced chile, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together against the bottom of the bowl.
2. Add the avocados and gently mash them with a fork until chunky-smooth.
3. Add 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese and 2 tablespoons of chopped canned chipotle chilles.
4. Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chile into the mixture.
5. Stir in tomatoes and lime juice, taste to adjust the seasonings.
6. Serve with warm corn tortilla chips.
Marvelous Mango Margarita:
Directions: Peel, seed and chop your mango. If you have time you can freeze your prepared mango at this point. Otherwise, put all ingredients except for the ice into your blender and blend until smooth. Then add the ice. Pour the margarita into a glass and enjoy.