It’s football season which means Sunday get-togethers filled with mouth watering food. Chef Sam Talbot has created an easy to make Mexican-inspired starter perfect for any Hamptons fiesta, whether you are a New York Jets or New York Giants fan. To accentuate the delicious flavors pair with Thorny Rose Cabernet Sauvignon.
Guacamole with Feta Cheese and Almonds:
1. In a food processor, process the almonds until coarsely ground.
2. Halve the avocadoes, pit, and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl.
3. Add the lemon zest and juice, hot sauve, onion, feta, and ground almonds.
4. Mix until well combined, mashing the avocado with the back of a spoon.
5. Fold in the tomatoes and oil.
6. Transfer to a serving dish and season to taste with salt and pepper.