House Foods has created a healthy version of a Thanksgiving favorite, Pumpkin Pie, which is just as delicious as the original, but saves a few calories and is protein rich from combining traditional ingredients like pumpkin puree with House Foods Premium Tofu Firm.
House Foods’ Tofu Pumpkin Pie:
1. Make sure you have drained liquid from tofu and place in blender.
2. Add eggs, sugar, lemon, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Blend until smooth (at least 3 minutes).
3. For layered pie, pour half of the mixture into your pie crust. (Otherwise add additional spices and pumpkin puree and continue to blend.)
4. Pour filling into prepared crust and smooth surface.
5. Heat maple syrup in separate container and gently spoon over the pie while continuing to smooth over the surface.
6. Bake pie at 350˚ for 40-50 minutes.
7. Cool and Serve.