“As a longtime fan of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi wines, I jumped at the opportunity to partner [with them] for the Dream Thanksgiving contest,” said HGTV Star and Lifestyle Expert Sabrina Soto, who recently visited the home of Alicia Lopez in Cathedral City, CA to transform it into the ultimate holiday celebration. “Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and I believe there is no better way to enjoy it than over a glass of wine with friends and family.”
Lopez, the winner of the Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Dream Thanksgiving Contest, enjoyed an unforgettable early Thanksgiving courtesy of the HGTV Star, who shared her tips and tricks for standout holiday entertaining. “The chance to bring this experience along with my entertaining tips to my fans was too good to pass up,” said Soto. During the afternoon, Lopez and Soto shared the kitchen to create a tasty meal, which included Green Goodness Casserole. While we all love the traditional side dish, Soto gave the holiday favorite an ever-so-slight gourmet update by adding artichoke hearts. Another fun twist is to add a few less traditional ingredients like French-fried onions and swap them with potato chips as a topping, or throw in some smoked bacon for a unique modern day spin.
Green Goodness Casserole:
1. Sauté onion for a 2-3 minutes in olive oil and add garlic.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, panko and cheese.
3. Add in drained, diced artichokes and green beans.
4. Mix all of the above together.
5. Bake in 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.
6. After twenty minutes, sprinkle remaining parmesan on top of the casserole.
7. Remove from oven and serve.