While we all know the star of the show on Super Bowl Sunday is the wings, Chef Michael Symon’s Grilled Knob Creek Rye Whiskey Pork Meatballs on Skewers makes a great first course as you watch the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots fight for the title of Super Bowl XLIX champion.
Grilled Knob Creek Rye Whiskey Pork Meatballs on Skewers:
(Recipe Serves 6)
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the pork, Knob Creek Rye Whiskey, shallots, garlic, cilantro, mint, green onion, ginger, jalapeno, carrot, fish sauce, coriander, salt and pepper. (Note: This can be done 1 day ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator like this or formed into meatballs.)
3. Begin forming the meatballs using a rounded T of the meat mixture, then rolling in meatballs.
4. Set on a sheet tray while you form the remaining meatballs.
5. When all of the meatballs are formed, place 2 on each skewer towards the top.
6. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand for more even cooking, then drizzle with olive oil and place on your preheated grill.
7. Cook until nicely grill marked and cooked though, about 3 minutes per side.
8. Remove and place on a platter.
9. Serve with a squeeze of lime.