If you want to treat dad to something special to sip on while celebrating Father’s Day, here are five cocktails to try whether dad likes it on the rocks or wants something more complex layered with flavor.
1. Father’s Day Delight: Spice up a traditional on the rocks cocktail with a kick of pepper.
Directions: Stir all ingredients over cubed ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a cucumber slice.
2. Gentleman Ginger: For dads who like sake, this recipe adds an easy yet unexpected twist.
Directions Stir ingredients over ice.
3. Dolce Domani: For dads who usually indulge in a glass of wine, this cocktail is similar in flavor to sangria.
Directions Muddle half a lime with the sugar until all the juice is extracted. Add merlot. Pour into a shaker and shake vigorously. Pour into a lowball glass and garnish with a lime spiral.
4. Basil Hayden’s Bourbon Daddy: Mixologist JP Caceres created a cocktail which dads whose favorite spirit is bourbon will appreciate.
Directions: Add all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and muddle the sage leaves and pink peppercorns. Add ice and shake. Double strain into an old fashioned glass filled with ice and garnish with a sage leaf.
5. Imperial Pomegranate: For dads who favor gin, this cocktail is refreshing with layers of flavor.
Directions Combine, shake and strain all ingredients into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.