Celebrate Labor Day weekend in the Hamptons with a toast to the last weekend of summer.
1. Ruby Sparkler: Enjoy the spicy, red berry flavors of Fonseca BIN 27 Ruby Port which are lifted by the Brut Sparkling Wine.
Directions: Pour Fonseca BIN 27 Ruby Port into a well-chilled Champagne flute and top with Brut Sparkling Wine. Garnish with a fresh blackberry or strawberry.
2. The Hamptons Rumor Mill: Cherry cola soda fans try this Hamptons inspired cocktail.
Directions: Mix in a glass with ice and garnish with a cherry.
3. The Beach: If you aren’t ready to bid goodbye to summer, stop by The Point (697 Montauk Highway, 631-668-1500, www.montauksun.com) in Montauk for this cocktail.
Directions: Fill a glass with ice, add a splash of soda, Cayrum, and pineapple juice. Stir, garnish with a lime wedge, and enjoy.
4. New Amsterdam Citron & Soda: An easy to make low calorie option.
Directions: Fill a rocks or highball glass to the rim with ice cubes. Pour New Amsterdam Citron Vodka and the soda water over the ice. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
5. Savannah Sparkling Soother: Another sparkling option to celebrate summer.
Directions: Build over ice in a Collins glass. Garnish with a peach wedge on the rim.
6. Kilbeggan Waterwheel: Darren McGettigan, the resident mixologist at Bar Beoga of the Menlo Park Hotel in Galway, Ireland, created this summery and fruity drink.
Directions: In a Boston shaker, add blueberries and sugar, muddle hard. Fill the shaker with ice, and add all other ingredients. Shake well, and double strain into a tall glass filled with ice. Garnish with blueberries on a cocktail pick.
7. Effen Salted Caramel Popcorn Martini: Something savory to sip on while enjoying the holiday.
Directions: In a mixing glass, muddle all ingredients except vodka. Add vodka and stir with ice. Strain into a chilled rocks glass over ice. Garnish with a skewer of 3 caramel popcorn kernels.
8. Blueberry Breeze: Enjoy the last days of summer with a bit of fizz, fresh fruit and Framboise.
Directions: Muddle fresh blueberries and add syrup, lemon juice, and vodka. Add ice, shake, and pour into highball glass. Drizzle Framboise and top with ginger beer. Garnish with one sugar cube.