Congrats to the Boston Red Sox and St. Louis Cardinals for making it to the World Series. While New Yorkers wish it was the New York Mets verses the New York Yankees, it will still be a great battle. Here are seven cocktails to sip on while rooting for your favorite team.
1. Knob Creek Bourbon Big And Stout: Celebrity chef Michael Symon is a master at creating delicious tailgating menus, so enjoy his bourbon and beer based libation.
Directions: Pour all ingredients into a shaker and dry shake (without ice) to emulsify proteins. Add ice, shake vigorously and strain into cocktail glass.
2. Hornitos Bro-mosa: Hornitos developed a cocktail in honor of the bromance baseball players share.
Directions: Fill pitcher with orange juice, DeKuyper Triple Sec, and Hornitos Plata. Slowly pour lager into a pitcher. Stir to mix. Fill pint glass halfway with ice and add Bro-mosa.
3. Kilbeggan Tailgater’s Toddy: If you will be attending any of the World Series games, keep warm with Kilbeggan’s hot toddy.
Directions: Build all ingredients into a pre-heated coffee mug.
4. The Wild Red: With both teams donning red, this unbiased cocktail is the perfect toast to the World Series champion.
Directions: Combine, shake and strain vodka and hibiscus syrup into a flute. Fill with prosecco and garnish with a hibiscus flower.
5. Cruzan Slowpoke Shandy: Nothing goes better than baseball and beer, but why not mix it up with a shandy?
Directions: Combine rum, lime and ginger syrup in a pint glass and slowly pour half of the beer into the glass. Add a few ice cubes and finish pouring the beer. (Note: To create Ginger Syrup use a 2:1 measurement of simple syrup with grated ginger. Heat, cool, strain, and serve.)
6. Basil Hayden’s Home Run: Another bourbon and beer based drink, this punch (which serves 12) will be the home run of any World Series party.
Directions: Mix all ingredients in a pitcher. Pour into a highball glass over ice. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
7. Cherry Cream Soda: What better way to watch America’s favorite pastime than drinking a cocktail featuring one of America’s most iconic beverages.
Directions: Build over ice in a tall glass pouring the Irish Cream last so it floats on top. Garnish with a cherry dropped on top.