While gathering with family this holiday season, enjoy one of these Christmas childhood classics and festive libations.
1. Red Velvet Candy Cane: The adult version of the childhood favorite.
Directions: Combine ZING Red Velvet Vodka and White Creme de Menthe in a cocktail shaker over ice and shake. Strain into a chilled glass and top with Brut Champagne.
2. Banana Truffle-Nog: Enjoy this extra indulgent splurge during the special time of the year.
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker over ice and shake. Strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with shaved chocolate
3. Midori Peppermint Kiss: Another minty treat which comes in handy if you are near mistletoe.
Directions: In a chilled shaker glass, add all the above ingredients. Add ice, shake for 15 seconds, and then strain into a Collins glass. Garnish with a basil leaf and one raspberry sitting in front of basil in glass.
4. Glogg: Head to The Living Room (207 Main Street, East Hampton, 631-324-5006, www.careofhotels.com) during the holidays to try this festive traditional Swedish drink.
Directions: Pour a bottle of red wine in a sauce pan together with 1/2 cup sugar, 18 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, some whole cardamom pods, 1 vanilla bean and heat slowly over medium heat. Don’t let it come to boil (unless you want a glögg without alcohol of course) Take of heat when sugar is completely melted. Let stand for an hour or two. Taste and add a bit more sugar if needed. If you want it stronger add 1/2 a glass of vodka or cognac. Heat it up before serving in a small cup or glass. Add a handful of almonds and raisins for added flavor.
5. Effen Salted Caramel Eggnog: Mixologist Niccole Trzaska created this twist on the holiday classic.
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker over ice. Stir or shake and serve over ice in a toddy glass or coffee cup. Garnish with grated nutmeg and a brandied cherry.
6. The Kyoto Plum Fairy Punch: If you’re hosting a holiday gathering, whip up a batch of this party punch which serves 12.
Directions: In a chilled punch bowl, combine the sugar and juices, and stir until dissolved. Add the Gekkeikan Plum Wine, Sherry and Rum and stir well. Garnish with freshly grated cinnamon, lemon and orange wheels and some Fresh Whole cranberries.
7. Sauza Mexican Eggnog: Another tasty version of the Christmas favorite.
Directions: In a shaker filled with ice combine eggnog, Sauza Blue Silver and Maker’s Mark Bourbon. Shake to combine and serve chilled with a dash of cinnamon on top.