Spring beings on Wednesday, March 20th and after the awful winter weather the Hamptons had this calls for some celebrating.
1. Lusty Cucumber Refresher: A grown up version of the childhood favorite lemonade with a refreshing surprise.
Directions: Add cucumbers and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker and muddle. Add vodka, lemon juice and ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake then strain. Pour into a Collins glass. Top with 2 parts tonic water and a bar-spoon floater of Pimm’s.
2. Briar Patch: Beer infused cocktails are all the rage this spring, test it out with this tasty combination.
Directions: Add Cointreau, lemon juice, raspberries and ice to a mixing glass. Shake and fine-strain over ice in a highball glass. Top with beer and garnish with a pick of raspberries.
3. Royal Blueberry Cooler: This refreshingly sweet cocktail is the perfect way to celebrate spring.
Directions: Combine all ingredients and serve over ice in a rocks glass and garish with blueberries.
4. LeSUTRA Strawberry Margarita: The strawberry liquor in this margarita adds the perfect combination of sweet to the typically sour drink.
Directions: Blend Strawberry LeSUTRA Sparkling Liqueur with Tequila. Serve in a chilled margarita glass. If desired salt the rim.
5. Atlantico Spring Fling: Start your spring by sipping on this delicious citrus easy to make cocktail with some fizz.
Directions: Combine all ingredients and serve over ice in highball glass. Garnish with lime and orange.
6. The Best Bellini Ever: While a trip to Harry’s Bar in Venice make not be in your immediate future, The Cocktail Guru Jonathan Pogash has created the next best option.
Directions: In a mixing glass, muddle the peach, agave, and lemon juice. Add the Prosecco with ice and gently fold the ingredients (without stirring too much, as this will remove bubbles). Strain into a chilled champagne flute. Top off with extra Prosecco. Garnish with a fresh peach slice. (If peaches are not in season substitute the ripe peach, agave, and lemon juice for 1.5 oz. of store-bought “Peach Nectar”.)
7. Basil Hayden’s Spring Forward Julep: Mixologist Joy Perrine added a delicious twist to the traditional cocktail with muddled strawberries.
Directions: Muddle brown sugar and water in pint glass until sugar dissolves. Add chopped strawberries, lemon wedges and mint leaves and muddle well. Add Basil Hayden’s and shake. Add ice and shake once again. Strain cocktail over crushed ice and garnish with a mint sprig and strawberry.
8. Skinny Mojito: If you are worried about fitting into your bikini this summer, sip on this low calorie cocktail.
Directions: Combine all ingredients and serve over ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.