If you plan on staying in on Valentine’s Day and making a romantic meal, these Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting will satisfy any sweet tooth. The recipe features a few healthy swaps from Nutiva that create a guilt-free dessert option without sacrificing the indulgent chocolatey flavors.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
1.Set aside almond milk, and whip all ingredients together with a hand mixer.
2.While mixing, add in almond milk 1 tbsp at a time until frosting reaches a consistency you find ideal.
Double Chocolate Cupcakes:
Yield: 1 dozen cupcakes
1.Preheat oven to 350°F and line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together coconut sugar and buttery spread. This mixture will be soft, fluffy, and crumbly.
4. Whisk in vanilla extract, then whisk in eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
5. Alternate sifting dry mixture and milk into sugar, butter, and egg mix.
6. Fold in chocolate chips, mixing well to distribute them evenly.
7. Scoop batter into cups, filling each halfway and mixing intermittently to keep chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom.
8. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out cleanly from the center of a cupcake.
9. Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before frosting and serving.