While salmon may not be part of a typical Easter dinner menu, after trying chef Michael Symon’s Grilled Side of Salmon with Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon Glaze, you’re going to want to start a new tradition.
Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon Glaze:
1. Combine the brown sugar and Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon in a saucepot.
2. Cook over low heat until the brown sugar melts.
3. Whisk in the honey and the mustard with a pinch of salt and remove from heat.
4. Divide the sauce into two separate bowls and set aside.
Grilled Side of Salmon with Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon Glaze:
Recipe serves 4 to 6
1. Pre-heat your grill to medium/high heat. Make sure the grates are cleaned and well oiled.
2. While the grill is heating, drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil and lay your salmon, skin side down.
3. Gently make long, shallow cuts into the flesh of the salmon, no more than 1 cm deep.
4. Season with a good amount of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and brush on a generous amount of Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon Glaze.
5. When the grill is hot, gently lay the salmon on top of a sheet of tin foil.
6. Put the lid down and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the skin is crisp.
7. Brush on more of the Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon Glaze before removing from grill.