This Mother’s Day, break out your culinary skills for a beautiful gift that can be enjoyed by the whole family, Perfect Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Strawberry & Chardonnay Jam Parfaits.
Perfect Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Strawberry & Chardonnay Jam Parfaits:
Yield: 4 parfaits
1. Gather four dishes or containers for your parfaits.
2. Layer the four ingredients about 1 tablespoon at a time, depending on the size of your container.
3. Finish with fresh strawberries or a sprinkle of granola.
(Entertaining Tip: Using 1/2 pint mason jars not only looks cute, but it’s also a mess-free way to package the treat)
*Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Strawberry & Chardonnay Jam:
Yield: About 2 pints
1. Place a small plate in the freezer.
2. Add strawberries, sugar and lemon zest to a wide preserving pan.*
3. Crush the mixture (a potato masher works well for this) to a pulp, or leave chunks of strawberries if you prefer.
4. Add the cinnamon stick, and heat the mixture over medium heat until you achieve a slow boil, about 20 minutes. At this point, add the Chardonnay and bring back to a slow boil.
5. Cook until the jam passes the cold-saucer test. Place a small amount of the jam on the plate that you placed in the freezer. After 30 seconds, nudge it with your finger. If it wrinkles, it is ready. If it is liquidy, continue to cook and try again every 5 minutes or so.
6. When jam is ready, remove the cinnamon stick and pour carefully into two pint jars or four half pint jars.
7. Store the jam in the refrigerator, and consume within two months.
*A preserving pan can be any wide, heavy bottomed pot or pan. It’s important that it’s wide and tall so that the jam has plenty of room to boil.