Are you still creating your 4th of July BBQ menu? Chef Alex Guarnaschelli has a tasty Independence Day meal, The Ultimate Woodbridge BBQ Shrimp. The dish can be served as a starter or main course.
The Ultimate Woodbridge BBQ Shrimp:
Serves 4 to 6
1. Preheat the grill.
2. In a large pot, simmer the Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon until it reduces by about half.
3. Stir in the Woodbridge Wine ‘Cue Sauce, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, dry mustard, Dijon mustard and chili powder.
4. Whisk to blend.
5. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
6. Add the garlic and lemon slices.
7. Simmer on the stove for 20 to 25 minutes until the aroma of the vinegar mellows slightly. Taste for seasoning.
8. Season the shrimp on both sides with salt.
9. When the grill is hot, place a large sauté pan on the side of the grill to get it hot. Place the shrimp in a single layer on a “hot spot” of the grill.
10. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
11. Use a pair of tongs to turn them on the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
12. Add the butter to the sauté pan. Allow the butter to melt and the toss the shrimp in the pan, basting them with the butter.
12. Squeeze the juice from the lemon and stir in the ginger.
13. Drizzle them generously with the BBQ sauce.
12. Transfer to a platter and serve with additional BBQ sauce on the side, if desired.