If you’re a member of the Taco Tuesday fan club get ready to be excited because National Taco Day is Sunday, October 4th. Celebrate the traditional Mexican dish by serving up a homemade meal, Sauza Tequila Lime & Chicken Tacos paired with Sauza Pineapple Chipotle-Margaritas.
Sauza Tequila Lime & Chicken Tacos:
1. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on all sides.
2. Combine the chicken, tequila, lime juice, and orange zest in a small shallow dish.
3. Next, cover and marinate at least 30 minutes and up to two hours, turning occasionally.
4. Prepare barbecue (on medium to high heat) or preheat broiler.
5. Drain chicken and reserve the marinade.
6. Grill or broil the chicken until just cooked through, occasionally basting chicken with some reserved marinade. Do this about four minutes per side.
7. Boil the remaining marinade in small saucepan for one minute.
8. Cut each chicken breast crosswise into thin slices.
9. Arrange the slices on a platter.
10. Garnish with lime wedges and serve chicken with tortillas, lime, avocado, and passing marinade separately as sauce.
Sauza Pineapple Chipotle Margarita:
1. In a pitcher filled with ice, combine Sauza Signature Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila, limeade, pineapple juice and Tabasco Chipotle Hot Sauce.
2. Stir gently.
3. Pour into glasses rimmed with chili salt and garnish with a red pepper (optional).