While you’re out searching for the perfect Halloween pumpkins for carving with the family, pick up an extra one for Chef Claire Thomas’ (of The Kitchy Kitchen) Cream of Pumpkin Soup, which pairs well with 2015 Field Theory Albariño, Winc.
Cream of Pumpkin Soup:
1. Fill a pot with 1 1/2 quarts of salted water, add the pumpkin, and cook until tender.
2. Pour everything into another pot through a fine mesh sieve, pressing the pumpkin through to make a very fine puree.
3. Add the milk, bay leaf, onion, and parsley, and bring to a simmer, cooking for 30 minutes.
4. Pull out the aromatics, and add the nutmeg and chicken stock. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes, careful not to boil, and taste. Season with more salt or pepper if needed.
5. Just before serving, stir in the heavy cream.
For more recipes, visit www.thekitchykitchen.com.