While you may feel obligated to stick with traditional Thanksgiving fare on Turkey Day, Friendsgiving is your opportunity to elevate your menu. Chef Ken Oringer’s (of Uni, Toro, and Coppa restaurants) Oyster Escabeche with Winter Lager is an impressive addition to any Friendsgiving meal.
Oyster Escabeche with Winter Lager:
1. Clean oyster and add shallots, micro planed garlic and salt.
2. Bring to a boil, champagne vinegar, grape seed oil, green peppercorns and beer.
3. Strain hot liquid over the oysters.
4. Chill in bowl in fridge. Reserve shells.
5. When ready to serve, place oyster with a little liquid. Serve oyster on plate with crushed ice and lemon wedges.