Organic Krush (OK), which has outposts in Amagansett, Woodbury, Plainview, Roslyn, and Rockville Centre, as well as Virginia, has shared the recipe for the lifestyle eatery’s Powerful Greens Soup.
“Organic Krush believes in controlling stress by consuming foods and juice that are known to lower stress, boost immunity, and keep us very warm on the insides. Did you know its an ancient Ayurvedic principal to only drink room temperature water?” the OK team shared. “This is because when you drink cold beverages, they shock your organs and cause them to function less well. Every message you give your immune system right now should be one of warmth, calmness, & respect for the job it does so beautifully for you!”
Powerful Greens Soup:
Yields 4-6 servings
1. Using a Large Sauce Pot add Garlic, Shallot, and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Seasoning with Salt and Black Pepper.
3. Add Mirepoix and sauté for 10 minutes.
4. Add Broccoli and sauté for 10 more minutes.
5. Add Vegetable Broth and Nutritional Yeast, simmer for 45 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and add Spinach and Kale.
7. Puree in batches to desired consistency, use more veg broth if necessary.
8 Taste and adjust accordingly.