Between the stress of traveling, being around your family a lot more than normal and poor diet, the holidays can take a toll on your skin. A good routine is essential to keeping a gorgeous glow and looking your best. Here are ten products to help you get you through the holidays.
1. Goldfaden MD Pure Start: Clean skin is where the process begins. Pure Start ($35, www.goldfadenmd.com) is a hypo-allergenic formula that cleanses and balances skin without irritation or dryness.
2. glotherapeutics Clear Acne Cleanser: Break outs are never fun and they’re even worse during the holidays when being photographed is unavoidable. Whether you get the occasional pimple or have oily skin, glotherapeutics Clear Acne Cleanser ($32, www.gloprofessional.com) has gentle scrubbing beads which allows for optimum Salicylic Acid cleansing.
3. Palladio Foaming Cleanser and Makeup Remover: If you use waterproof makeup then try the Palladio Foaming Cleanser and Makeup Remover ($11, www.palladiobeauty.com), which gently gets rid of makeup, dirt, and oil and without drying skin.
4. Spa Sonic Face and Body Polisher: Exfoliation is key during the winter. The Spa Sonic Face and Body Polisher ($65, www.beauty.com) comes with a facial buffer for microdermabrasion, body brush, facial brushes, and pumice stone.
5. Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus: Regular application of this serum available at Macy’s ($132, 190 West Montauk Highway, Hampton Bays, 631-728-5500, www.clinique.com) gets remarkable results that smooth, restore, and correct skin without actually going under the laser.
6. VMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything Cream: This anti-aging cream ($85, www.vmvhypoallergenics.com) helps minimize fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging. The hypo-allergenic formula is 100% fragrance free, 100% paraben and preservative free making it great for all skin types.
7. L’oreal Paris Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil: You may hear oil for your face and think no way, but this L’oreal Paris product available at CVS ($24.99, 111 Main Street, Southampton, 631-283-4250, www.lorealparisusa.com) revives dry skin. The lightweight formula provides all day hydration thanks to the combination of eight essential oils.
8. La Roche-Posay Redermic [R] Eyes: Lack of sleep and stress result in unwanted and unattractive dark circles. Redermic [R] Eyes available at CVS ($46.95, 111 Main Street, Southampton, 631-283-4250, www.laroche-posay.us) contains pure retinol and caffeine for anti-wrinkle and anti-dark circle benefits.
9. Caudalie Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream: Wake up to radiant skin after using this night cream ($64, caudalie.com). The exfoliating emulsion helps smooth lines and reduces pores.
10. Turo Skin Protective Lip Balm SPF 15: Harsh winter weather can take a toll on lips, so make sure they are conditioned with Turo Skin Protective Lip Balm SPF 15 ($10, www.turoskin.com).