Katy Perry started her Pepsi Super Bowl XLIX Halftime extravaganza with bang (or more appropriately a “Roar”) as she entered University of Phoenix Stadium on a mechanically operated tiger. Highlights included a duo of dancing sharks during “California Gurls” and “Teenage Dream,” one of which seemed to have missed a rehearsal or two (definitely check out the hilarious Left Shark memes). While Lenny Kravitz was under utilized during “I Kissed a Girl,” Missy Elliott was impressive during her “Get Ur Freak On,” “Work It” and “Lose Control” collaboration.
During the 12-minute performance, Perry made four outfit changes including three Jeremy Scott outfits and one Moschino dress, but her chic, sporty high ponytail remained in tact. Redken Styling and Grooming Expert Jenny Balding shares how to recreate the cute, low maintenance look.
How To Achieve The Look:
1. Start with a directional blow dry, meaning blow dry your hair toward the crown to create the ultimate ponytail.
2. Mist Redken Pillow Proof blow dry express primer throughout damp hair and comb through, then apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Full Frame 07 all-over volumizing mousse from roots to ends to add more grip to the hair. (Note: Make sure to blow dry hair upward and back toward the crown around the whole hairline.)
3. Sweep hair into a high ponytail right above the crown for a super glam look. (Note: This will only work if your hair is long enough or that you are attaching hair extensions to your ponytail to extend.)
4. Once in a ponytail, take a small piece of hair from underneath the ponytail and wrap it around the base.
5. Mist Redken Fashion Work 12 versatile working spray all over for control and humidity resistance. (Note: This anti-humidity hairspray is versatile and flexible so you can easily shape and maneuver the ponytail.)
6. Finish by using misting Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist all over for the ultimate shine.