The thought of wearing your hair up may seem absurd during this unusual stretch of polar vortex to spring-like temperatures, but the time will come when it’s safe for creating an updo without risking a weather catastrophe. So when it does, give your friends hair envy with this casual, retro look from the Tory Burch’s Fall/Winter 2016 show.
“Tory Burch’s show is a nod to the 70’s in a very modern way,” noted Redken Global Creative Director Guido, who created the style. “She has an easy idea about beauty – almost like a woman in a movie.” The understated hair knot is incredibly versatile. “With messy hair, it’s all about the intention; this look can easily be gym hair but when paired with the right dress, it becomes something special,” added Guido. “The ease of your hair will make you look super sophisticated and current, it’s important not to overthink it.”
How To Achieve The Look:
1. Starting with dry hair, use a blow dryer to briefly dry hair around the hairline to create a clean line.
2. Spray Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all throughout hair for added volume and texture.
3. Using your fingers, create a clean middle part and pull hair back into a low ponytail. Secure hair with an elastic.
4. Generously spray ponytail with Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray for added grip and an airy texture. Gently pull hair on sides of the head and top of ponytail to release tension and create a subtle lift.
5. Twist the ponytail into a loose, low knot and secure with several pins, leaving out the ends to create a messy finished look.
6. Lightly mist the knot and hairline once more with Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray for added structure.
7. Pull out small strands of hair around the face to loosen the finished look.