Actress Jennifer Garner impressed fashion critics at this year’s Oscars in a black Atelier Versace dress. She complimented its plunging neckline with an updo that had the perfect mix of polish and messiness. “Jennifer’s dress has an architectural feel with strong lines, so to complement this, the hair is up to show off the neckline as a modern ode to Grace Kelly,” explained Ben Skervin, who created the look. “Our goal for the hair was lots of undone texture, nothing too tight or severe. Jen looks glamorous and confident!”
How To Achieve The Look:
1. On wet hair, apply a mixture of Fekkai Blowout Primer and Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lightweight Styling Whip.
2. Then, blow dry the hair smooth with a large round brush.
3. Once the hair is dry, use a 1-inch curling iron, taking 1-inch square sections and spritzing Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray on each section as you go along for hold. Wrap each section around the curling iron like a wand, making sure to curl the ends under.
4. Then, brush out the hair thoroughly for a beautiful soft wave.
5. Spray Fekkai Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo at the roots for extra texture, to achieve a “lived-in” feel.
6. Pull the hair straight back into a ponytail just above the nape of the neck, tying with a bungee elastic to keep the shape of the ponytail intact. 7. Then, back comb the ponytail for a “lived-in” texture.
8. Twist the ponytail and wrap all the way around the elastic and pin with a combination of straight and V-shaped bobby pins.
9. Finish with Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray for light hold.