You don’t need to be attending an awards ceremony to recreate Felicity Jones’ Brigitte Bardot Academy Awards inspired hair. The stunning look suites weddings, date night, or for when you just feel like having a really good hair day.
Cervando Maldonado, who styled the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story actress’ hair for the Academy Awards, shares how to get the step-by-step look below:
1. I began with damp hair and applied Matrix Style Link Volume Builder and Matrix Style Link Mineral Airy Builder Dry Texture Foam on her roots and ran it through the ends of her hair to build volume and texture. I brushed it through with the T3 Paddle Brush. (Expert tip: Cocktailing both the mousse and foam creates a varied texture.)
2. Before I began blow drying, I lightly sprayed Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Replenish Oil Mist through the ends to create a beautiful shine. Next, I rough dried the hair using the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer until mostly dry.
3. I then clipped her hair up starting in the back, blow drying each section with the 2.5″ T3 Anti-Gravity Barrel Brush.
4. After the hair was completely round brushed and dried – I applied the T3 Volumizing Hot Rollers LUXE. Leaving the bangs out, I set the hair with 4 hot rollers, one on each side, the top of the head and the remainder on the back.
5. While the rollers set in the hair, I sprayed with Matrix Style Link Perfect Volume Fixer Volume Hairspray and allowed the rollers to cool.
6. I pulled the rollers out when cooled, and lightly spray Matrix Style Link Texture Builder Finishing Spray through the roots and ends of the hair. I then brushed the hair through with the T3 Vent Brush.
7. Once the hair is brushed through, I pulled her hair into a half-up, half-down look by taking the sides of the hair and pulling them up behind the head, securing with a couple of bobby pins.
8. Once done with pinning the hair, I finished everything off with one last spray of Matrix Style Link Perfect Volume Fixer Volume Hairspray. This sets the look, finishing it for beautiful hold and shine for the rest of the day.