For actress Allison Williams’ “Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garcons: Art Of The In-Between” Costume Institute Gala at Metropolitan Museum of Art hairstyle, Rebekah Forecast, who styled Williams, wanted to find a look that celebrated the Gala’s 2017 theme.
“To find inspiration for Allison’s look I studied the runway shows of Rei Kawakubo throughout the years and her influential label, Comme des Garçons,” shared Forecast. “The designs are quite wacky and very sculptural so I embodied this with sculpted waves. All the while, keeping the look soft and beautiful to honor the classic Diane von Furstenberg gown she wore.”
How To Achieve The Look:
1. To prep dry hair, apply Matrix Style Mineral Airy Builder foam for texture and Matrix Style Link Heat Buffer for protection and smoothing.
2. Create a side part and comb Matrix Style Link Skinny Blowout Queen around the hair line creating waves and giving the hair direction.
3. Spray with Matrix Style Link Volume Fixer hairspray then use a 3/4 inch barrel curling iron to curl hair and pin each piece up, letting this sit for 30 minutes.
4. To keep texture, work Matrix Style Link Mineral Grip Definer through the hair and brush so waves slap straight up.
5. Smooth flyaways and ends with Matrix Style Link Over Achiever 3-in-1 cream paste.
6. Tease hair where you want the volume to hold and use minimal pins to hold hair in place, spray the hair once more with Matrix Style Link Style Fixer finishing hairspray.