While parents are rejoicing, most kids are dreading the end of summer and the start of school. Here are five products which makes heading back to school a little more tolerable.
1. LSTN Headphones: Budding musicians will love these LSTN Reclaimed Wood Headphones which come in three styles, bowery, fillmore or troubadour, ($50 to $150, www.lstnheadphones.com) and for every pair sold, LSTN helps restore hearing to a person in need via the Starkey Hearing Foundation.
2. Spagnolo Backpack: Start a new year of school with this stylish backpack from Call It Spring ($40, www.callitspring.com) which won’t break the bank.
3. Jr. Tablet: This full-featured learning tablet from Nabi, availble at Best Buy ($99.99, 1440 Old Country Road #100, Riverhead, 631-369-4150, www.bestbuy.com) makes learning fun for little ones.
4. Sephora Collection Makeup Academy Palette: Art students or any girl looking to experiment with her look this year will love the Sephora Collection Makeup Academy Palette ($49.50, www.sephora.com) which includes 130 colors for lip, eye, and full-face looks.
5. Under Armour Fleece Hoodie: While it’s warm now, once fall hits outdoor sports practices can get pretty chilly. Keep warm with Under Armour Men’s Armour Fleece Storm Printed Big Logo Hoodie from Sports Authority ($54.99, 1160 Old Country Road, Riverhead, 631-208-8750, www.sportsauthority.com).