Lets be realistic, a lot of pressure is put on finding the right Valentine’s Day gift. If you’re drawing a blank on what to get your significant other, here are eight Valentine’s Day gift ideas ranging from an indulgent box of chocolates to a gift that gives back.
1. La Maison du Chocolat: It’s simply not Valentine’s Day without a decadent box of chocolates and La Maison du Chocolat ($18 to $175, www.lamaisonduchocolat ) has two great options. If you prefer the classics, they offer a heart-shaped box filled with the most iconic flavors, but if you’re buying for adventurous taste buds try the Valentine’s Day collection. For the limited edition set, Nicolas Cloiseau, Master Chef of La Maison du Chocolat, created a poetic bouquet of chocolates featuring Woody Jasmine, Caramelized Sunflower, Acidulous Violet, Vanilla Fleur de Sel, and Fleur de cacao.
2. The Bouqs Co. Bouquet: Another staple of the holiday is a fresh flower bouquet. Let The Bouqs Co. ($40 to $70, www.thebouqs.com ) take the guesswork out of arranging the ideal selection of flowers. The site has a beautiful variety of sustainable, eco-friendly blooms, whether you’re sending romantic roses or friendly daises.
3. Nelle & Lizzy Eternal Love Bangle: Sentimental jewelry will always go over well. This affordable bangle from Nelle & Lizzy ($110, www.nelleandlizzy.com) commemorates a couple’s love and favorite day (perfect for the first date or wedding anniversary).
4. Lemlem Classic Split Scarf: For a gift that gives back, check out the TOMS Marketplace which is full of kind spirited gifts. We love the Lemlem Classic Split Scarf ($150, www.toms.com), the unique design combines two complimentary scarves (kind of like your love) that are sewn together, and with every scarf purchased, you help Lemlem generate economic opportunity and protect artistic practice in Ethiopia.
5. Sugarfina Sweets: Just because Valentine’s Day is synonymous with chocolate, that doesn’t mean those who aren’t a fan should be excluded. If your lady doesn’t love the cocoa, Sugarfina has a variety of sweet options. The Sweetheart Bento Box ($60, www.sugarfina.com) comes with eight gourmet confections and single friends will adore the anti-love sayings on the Love Bites Giftset ($25, www.sugarfina.com).
6. “Lotsa Love” bella j. Candle: This two-for-one gift from bella j. ($24, www.bellaj.com) features a flirty fruit and warm amber scented candle with a piece of jewelry hidden inside. Your Valentine has the chance to come away with a collectible piece of jewelry ranging from $10 to $10,000 (a diamond pendant).
7. C. Wonder Je T’aime Intarsia Colorblock Sweater: Whether in English or French, “I’ll love you forever” is always a welcome proclamation. The C. Wonder colorblock crewneck ($88, www.cwonder.com) certainly sends a touching message on the special day.
8. OnGossamer Laced in Paradise set or Jenna Leigh Biscayne set: Buying lingerie as a gift can be risky (buying the wrong size or style can be taken as a huge insult). But if you are absolutely positive of her size and have a good grasp on what she’ll like (never, ever buy “granny panties”), then she’ll appreciate the initiative. For girly girls, pick up OnGossamer Laced in Paradise 3/4 Bump Bra ($48 and $16, www.ongossamer.com) in strawberry margarita and matching Laced in Paradise thong in strawberry margarita. If she embraces her inner vixen, you can’t go wrong with the Jenna Leigh Biscayne Unlined Demi Bra in Cherry and matching Cheeky Tanga in Cherry ($98 and $53, www.jennaleighlingerie.com).