Not only does November mark the start of the holiday season and the season of giving, it’s also National Candle Month. With November and December packed with holiday gatherings, a candle is always a great hostess gift.
1. Air Wick Baking Cookies Ginger and Cookie Dough Good To Be Home Candle: Are you hosting a holiday party and not the best baker? Light Air Wick’s holiday-themed candle (www.airwick.us) and then pop a batch of store bought cookies in the oven for a few minutes and your guests will think you’ve mastered the art of dessert.
2. Agraria Bitter Orange Woven Crystal Candle: For hostesses that prefer a clean citrus scent, pick up one of Agraria’s Bitter Orange scented candles ($55, www.agrariahome.com). The complex yet subtle scent mixes waves of Clove, the zest of Bitter Orange and just a hint of Cypress.
3. Diamond Candle Pumpkin Scone Ring Candle: Another amazing holiday scent, this sweet pumpkin walnut scone-inspired candle ($24.95, www.diamondcandles.com) will have you craving the indulgent treat. As an added bonus, every Ring Candle from Diamond Candles contains a surprise ring and code for a chance to win a ring worth $100, $1000, or $5000.
4. Wordologies Happiness and Peace Candle: Fill the room with positivity by purchasing Wordologies Happiness or Peace Candle ($36, www.wordologies.com). Happiness exudes herbal eucalyptus with a cooling blend of spearmint and peppermint while Peace is filled with a fresh floral medley topped off with melon and sweet citrus. The brand’s mission is to nudge the mind toward focus, and remind people to be mindful of health and well-being by pairing inspiring messages with practical objects that provide an easy way to work mindfulness and inspiration into every day.
5. Tory Burch Spring Meadow Farm Candle: Named after the farmhouse the designer grew up in, the Spring Meadow Farm Candle ($60, 47 Newtown Lane, East Hampton, 631-907-9150, www.toryburch.com) features bergamot, basil, bamboo and fig. The hand-poured candle makes a chic gift (and we won’t tell if you buy an extra for your own home).