We’ve all got one, the friend or family member that’s always trying the newest Hamptons restaurant or spends hours in the kitchen perfecting a recipe they found on Pinterest. Here are ten holiday gifts that your foodie friend will freak out about during the season of giving.
1. “Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook:” You can’t go wrong with Ina Garten’s latest cookbook, “Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook,” which is available at BookHampton ($35, 16 Hampton Road, Southampton, 631-283-0270, bookhampton.com). The book features a variety of delicious recipes that taste just as good when made in advance, letting them finally enjoy hosting a holiday gathering.
2. All-Clad TK Collection: Chef Thomas Keller has teamed up with Williams-Sonoma to create the All-Clad TK collection ($44.95 to $1,599.95, 2044 Montauk Highway, Suite 49, Bridgehampton Commons, Bridgehampton, 631-537-3040, www.williams-sonoma.com). The pan collection reflects his philosophy that any cookware set should include a variety of materials intended for precise tasks. The collection is available in three sets; the 4-Piece Foundation Set, the 7-Piece Integrity Set, and the 11-Piece Inspiration Set, and each were named by Chef Keller to depict the products within.
3. C. Wonder Fork Cheese Marker Set: If your holiday meal isn’t complete without a cheese course, then make sure to bring your Christmas host the C. Wonder Fork Cheese Marker Set ($28, 5 Main Street, Southampton, 631-287-2645, www.cwonder.com). The chic set makes a great entertainment guru gift, especially for those who have made the mistake of eating a cheese you thought was mild and turned out to be extremely pungent.
4. Clos du Bois KRAVE Jerky: Clos du Bois and gourmet all-natural purveyor, KRAVE Jerky, teamed up for a limited-edition epicurean collection of wine-infused jerky made with Clos du Bois Sonoma Reserve wines ($65, www.closdubois.com). The collaboration was inspired by the local flavors of Northern California, and features two unique jerky flavors, Chardonnay Honey Rosemary Turkey infused with the Clos du Bois Sonoma Reserve Russian River Valley Chardonnay, and Cabernet Sauvignon Blackberry Balsamic, a beef jerky infused with the Sonoma Reserve Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
5. Neuhaus Luxe Christmas Treasures Box: Whether you’re gifting for someone with a sweet tooth or need something to bring your holiday hostess, this indulgent box will bring merriment to whoever receives it. The Neuhaus Luxe Christmas Treasures Box ($55, www.neuhauschocolate.com) features 21 pieces of Neuhaus’ top chocolate collections; the Manons, the Irrésistibles, and the Cornets.
6. Nutri Ninja — Ninja Blender DUO with Auto-iQ: The ultimate blender, Nutri Ninja – Ninja Blender (Starts at $199, www.ninjakitchen.com) extracts hidden nutrition from whole fruits and vegetables to optimize for maximum nutrient and vitamin extraction. It also pulverizes fibrous vegetables, fruits, seeds, and nuts to an ultra-smooth consistency. The unique blending patterns deliver smooth consistent results in just one touch. The Nutri Ninja — Ninja Blender DUO with Auto-iQ comes with a 72-ounce pitcher, and 18-ounce, 24-ounce, and 32-ounce Nutri Ninja Cups with Sip and Seal Lids.
7. Custom Sriracha Tank Top Women’s Grey Foil: Do you know someone whose meal is incomplete until they add Sriracha? Custom Ketchup Shop has a creative way to pay homage to their fondness of the spicy sauce with the Custom Sriracha Tank Top Women’s Grey Foil ($50 to $60, www.customketchupshop.com). The tank features hand drawn artwork with Chinese characters by Christian, an 8-year-old artist, and his designer father, Ra Chen-Drake.
8. Taylor Digital Scale with Measuring Cup: This high tech Digital Scale with Measuring Cup ($29.95, www.amazon.com) takes the guesswork out of translating ounces into cup measurements making baking just that much easier.
9. Rabbit Wine Chilling Carafe: Vino lovers will appreciate the Rabbit Wine Chilling Carafe ($50, www.metrokane.com), which keeps wine, cider, and other drinks chilled the natural way. The BPA-free carafe comes in black, teal and red, and keeps wine cold for 90 minutes.
10. Estancia Wine-Infused Bakery Box: Another limited-edition holiday collaboration, Chicago based Silverland Bakery and Estancia Winery teamed up for the Estancia Wine-Infused Bakery Box ($28, estanciawines.com). The gift features the infusion of Estancia’s Monterey County Chardonnay and Pinot Noir into two tasty treats, the Estancia Chardonnay White Chocolate Caramel Bar and the Estancia Pinot Noir Bakery Bar.