With Father’s Day being less than a week away, it’s crunch time. A recently study from the National Retail Federation estimates that consumers will spend $12.7 billion on Father’s Day gifts, compared to the $21.2 billion spent for Mother’s Day. While a gift from the heart is always adored, if you’re looking to buy dad something special, here are five grand ideas.
1. Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia: Father’s Day is the time to go big and spend a little extra on dad, so treat him to an extraordinary bottle of tequila this year. Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia, available at Herbert & Rist ($150, 63 Jobs Lane, Southampton, 631-283-2030, cuervo.com), is the creation of a family tradition passed down 10 generations through the Jose Cuervo family line. The extra añejo tequila is packaged inside of a wooden box decorated by the work of a Mexican artist, with each year showcasing a new artist hand-picked by the Jose Cuervo family. The 2015 artist is Enrique Rosas, who is famous for crossing the boundaries of art, science and technology and skillfully mixing them together.
2. Cole Haan for Best Buy Cell Phone Case: If dad’s a techie with a stylish side, the Cole Haan for Best Buy collaboration ($59.99 to $69.99, 1440 Old Country Rodd, Suite 100, Riverhead, 631-369-4150, www.bestbuy.com) is perfect. The cell phone case collection showcases the timeless look of the fashion brand and comes in a variety of styles like crocodile, braid emboss, camo, and leather material, for select Apple iPhone and Samsung devices.
3. Laguiole en Aubrac BBQ Set with Leather Case: Make your grillmaster giddy this Father’s Day with the ultimate grilling splurge, Laguiole en Aubrac BBQ Set with Leather Case from Copious Row ($475, 27 Washington Street, Sag Harbor, 631-808-3600, www.copiousrow.com). Straight from France’s Laguiole region, each piece is expertly crafted by hand. Utensils are forged from ultra strong Swedish Sandvik steel accompanied by smooth wood handles. The set includes tongs, a fork and knife, in a branded leather carrying case.
4. Energizer Vision HD LED Headlight: Is he a MacGyver, who loves a late night session making impressive creations in his workshop? Make sure he’s properly illuminated with Energizer Vision HD LED Headlight, which is available at Target ($12.99, 1150 Old Country Road, Riverhead, www.energizer.com). The water resistant headlight features a 150 lumen powerful beam with 3 light modes, a new dimming feature, and pivoting functionality to direct light where it’s needed.
5. 11th Annual Hamptons Golf Classic: For a fun gift that gives back, buy him a foursome or individual entrance to the 11th Annual Hamptons Golf Classic (hamptonsgolfclassic.info), presented by Haute Living. Taking place on Monday, June 22nd at the Hampton Hills Golf & Country Club in Westhampton Beach, the event supports FCancer and will honor New York Giants Linebacker Mark Herzlich. Tariffs range from $3000 for a foursome to $750 for an individual player. For more information, email [email protected].