Nina Runsdorf is an East Hampton resident and jewelry designer. She has been creating timeless and chic jewelry since 2005 and loves to share her distinct sense of style with others.
Nina says, “I founded my company in 2005 with the goal of creating a line that was sophisticated but never fussy. At the time, I couldn’t find jewelry that reflected a more modern sensibility, so I decided to chart my own course. The pieces are designed for a contemporary client, who wants extraordinary jewelry that’s both personal and unique. Today we’re based out of my atelier off of Madison Avenue, a jewel box of a space where we welcome clients and let the creativity run wild.”
Through Sunday, July 17th, Nina is having a trunk show at Lazy Point Variety Store in Amagansett. She says, “Lazy Point Variety Store is without a doubt one of my favorite shops in the Hamptons. The selection is always surprising, and the team is beyond wonderful. When we started discussing the idea of a trunk show, I knew we’d be able to offer our most distinct and unique designs because their customer seeks out what’s truly special. It’s different from the typical day-to-day for us because I can be in the store, meeting with clients, sharing my story, and seeing what they respond to in real time.” She looks forward to meeting all those who stop by!
Nina especially enjoys interacting with those in the Hamptons, mentioning that they are a special kind of customer. She says, “I find that they know what they want and have a clear sense of who they are. They’re never afraid to make a statement and yet they enjoy a sophisticated sense of ease in what they wear. I think our pieces resonate here because they share that same philosophy.”
Nina loves living in the Hamptons and all the beauty found in nature. She says, “I’m very lucky to have many wonderful friends in the area, so I love to host dinner parties at my home, where the laughter never seems to end. To me, the Hamptons is where my family comes together. I bought my home knowing this would be a place where my daughters and I could spend time and what’s more precious than that?”
Always looking to share her sense of style with others, Nina has compiled 5 jewelry tips for summer in the Hamptons:
1. Never too precious: The summer is all about a relaxed attitude. I’m a firm believer that jewelry should never be too precious to wear, and that counts double in the summer. Whether you’re traveling or not, keep your jewelry selection to what allows you to move around freely, without sacrificing style.
2. Don’t be afraid of color: It’s a great time to unleash your creative side. During the summer months I love to play with color in bold ways. I’m gravitating toward opals right now because in addition to being captivatingly colorful, they bring you closer to nature, which I love.
3. Vintage is always a good idea: I love collecting vintage jewelry, especially yellow gold Gucci and Bulgari from the 70s. I think these statement-making styles are perfect for the summer. You can dress them up or dress them down and they’re always great conversation starters. Layer them up with jeans and a T-shirt for a sophisticated, classic, but creative take on seaside style.
4. Let the boys have fun too: Who says jewelry is just for the women? We recently launched our first men’s collection, featuring yellow gold, white diamonds, and rhodium in modern yet classic designs. It’s been wonderful to see men of all ages in the pieces. I think a well-dressed man with the right jewelry is always in style.
5. Personal pieces with personality: Whether it’s an heirloom or something that found you during a special time in your life, jewelry is innately personal. Find things with special meaning that no one else has seen before. That’s why I love places like Lazy Point Variety Store in Amagansett, Claudja’s selection is always unique and different from what I typically see. Look for pieces that will remind you of this moment in time and that allows you to express your unique personality.