Whether you’re single, happily coupled up, or its complicated, here are seven East End events celebrating Valentine’s Day.
1. The Southampton Historical Museum is holding Felting – A Valentine Heart, an adult workshop at the Rogers Memorial Library (91 Cooper Farm Road, Southampton) on Thursday, February 5th from 6 to 8 p.m. Attendees will learn the 19th century craft of felting as they create a vintage style heart for their special someone. The evening will culminate with tea and dessert. Admission is $25 for members and $35 for non-members. RSVP is mandatory. For more information, call 631-283-2494 or visit www.southamptonhistoricalmuseum.org.
2. Guild Hall (158 Main Street, East Hampton) is holding their annual Citarella Valentine’s Cookie Decorating Workshop on Saturday, February 7th from 1 to 2 p.m. Open to children 6-years-old and up, budding chefs will garnish delicious valentine cookies under the supervision of an experienced pastry chef. Admission is $6 for members and $8 for non-members. All ingredients are included and RSVP is mandatory. For more information, call 1-866-811-4111 or visit www.guildhall.org.
3. Parrish Art Museum (279 Montauk Highway, Water Mill) is holding A/V Geeks Presents Love is…? on Friday, February 13th at 6 p.m. The evening will feature a selection of vintage 16mm school films about romance, love, and marriage. The special Valentine’s Day screening includes 1950s-’60s movies about courtship that answer age old romance questions like How Do I Know It’s Love?, Are You Ready for Marriage?, and Who’s Boss?. Admission is free for members, children, and students, and $10 for non-members. For more information, call 631-283-2118 or visit parrishart.org.
4. Ladies can ogle the East End’s finest during the Sixth Annual Mr. Amagansett Pageant on Friday, February 13th at the Stephen Talkhouse (161 Main Street, Amagansett). Always one of the most amusing Hamptons fundraisers of the year, the evening will benefit The Donald T. Sharkey Memorial Community Fund. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the pageant kicks off at 7:30 p.m. The benefit will include a Chinese Auction, 50/50 raffle and cocktails. Admission is a $20 donation. For more information, visit stephentalkhouse.com.
5. East Hampton Library (159 Main Street, East Hampton) is also hosting a cinematic affair in honor of Saint Valentine. On Saturday, February 14th at 1 p.m., enjoy a free screening of “A Little Romance” starring Diane Lane, Thelonious Bernard, Arthur Hill, and Laurence Olivier. For more information, call 631-324-0222 or visit www.easthamptonlibrary.org.
6. Little ones can show their love by making a one of a kind valentine during Just in Time Valentine at Hampton Library (2478 Main Street, Bridgehampton). On Friday, February 13th from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., children can create a memorable gift for the loved ones in their life during the free workshop. For more information, call 631-537-0015 or visit www.hamptonlibrary.org.
7. Is your life lacking love at the moment? Then think about adopting an animal, who will always love you unconditionally, no matter what. On Saturday, February 14th and Sunday, February 15th, Southampton Animal Shelter (102 Old Riverhead Road West, Hampton Bays) is holding a Furry Valentine Open House from 1 to 3 p.m., featuring a homemade bake sale, kennel tours, and of course, the visit wouldn’t be complete without at least one free sloppy kiss or lick from a Shelter animal. Attendees can also choose to sponsor a valentine for $5. For more information, call 631-728-7387 or visit www.southamptonanimalshelter.com.