Let’s admit it popcorn which is one of America’s top favorite snacks is a big part of the summer. The addicting snack is found at summer carnivals, movie nights, parties, and around the campfire. However, this treat has become more than a popular snack this summer, it has transformed into a statement that will have everyone talking.
1. Everyone has a movie night during the summer, and what is a movie night without buttery popcorn by your side? The enticing buttery aroma of freshly popped popcorn can now be in your home at any time with the new Yankee Candle “Movie Night” scented jar candle ($17.99-$27.99). Everyone who enters your house will be greeted with the pleasant aroma. The limited-time-only large House Warmer jar candle burns up to 150 hours of the popcorn scent, so you can indulge in your favorite scent all summer long.
2. Try serving up a less traditional cocktail at your summer party that everyone will want. 360 Vodka’s Buttered Popcorn flavor, the world’s first eco-friendly vodka, has a smooth finish. Buttery flavors combine with a freshly popped corn taste. We think it is perfect to make out-of-the-box cocktails with. Try making a “Night at the Movies” cocktail, “Caramel Corn Collins”, or a “Kettle Corn” creation. Mixing details are available at www.vodka360.com.
3. If you are a wine lover who’s tired of the traditional snack then Kim Crawford’s wine infused popcorn is perfect for you. Kim Crawford, producer of an award-winning portfolio of New Zealand wines, created a delightful recipe that merges sweet and salty to delight the pallet in popcorn form. Her decedent artisan popcorn called “Populence” which is available in two original flavors, Sauvignon Blanc Lemon and Pinot Noir Chocolate Drizzle is so addictingly good that everyone will be reaching for more. These flavors are available at the “Populence” retail store at 1 West 8th street in NYC Greenwich Village ($28/1 lb. tin), and online at www.PopulenceNYC.com. Recipes are available exclusively at ExperienceKimCrawford.com.
4. The scent of popcorn can cause one to reminisce about dates at the movie theater, movies nights with your loved ones, and snuggling up next to the campfire. Now the comforting scent can be worn as cologne. Demeter Fragrances, which has over 150 varying scents, has original popcorn scented cologne, roll on oil and massage oil, pick-me-up body lotion, and atmosphere spray ($6-$25). This light and comforting scent can be found online at www.demeterfragrance.com.
5. Nothing says summer like a campfire, and L.L. Bean’s Campfire Popcorn Set ($34.00) has everything you need to cook perfect popcorn over that fire. The kit includes a reusable pot with a handle that extends to nearly two feet and a pot with steam vents that holds four quarts of popcorn. The set also includes three complete popping kits with gourmet buttery popping corn, seasoning salt, and special popping oil. This set, which is great for camping, outdoor picnics and parties, is available at L.L. Bean retail stores and online at www.llbean.com.