Nothing says football food like a good batch of chicken wings. While you can’t go wrong with a traditional chicken wing, Chef Michael Symon shares an alternative that’s definitely worth checking out while watching the remaining teams battle it for a chance to go to Super Bowl XLIX.
Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ Sauce:
1. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
2. Set aside.
Grilled Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ-Style Wings:
(Recipe Serves 6)
1. Place the chicken wings in a gallon-sized bag and pour in half of the Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ sauce.
2. Reserve the other half of the Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ sauce for later use.
3. Make sure all of the wings are coated, then refrigerate for up to 4 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat your grill to medium heat.
5. Remove the wings from the marinade and pat them dry. Discard the marinade.
6. Lightly season the wings with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Drizzle the wings with a little bit of olive oil then place them on the grill.
8. Cook until nicely grill marked and cooked though, about 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Throughout the last 10 minutes of the cooking process, brush the wings with the reserved Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ sauce.
10. Remove the wings from the grill and pour them on to a platter.
11. Sprinkle with the sliced scallions and chopped cilantro.
12. Serve any remaining Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ sauce on the side.