For those hosting a Hamptons 4th of July celebration, here are a few Independence Day inspired cocktails to celebrate.
1. Herradura’s Red, White and Blue Berries: If you are crazy about coconut water trying this color-filled cocktail is a must.
Directions: Place all ingredients in to a cocktail shaker filled with cubed ice. Shake hard and strain over crushed ice in to a tall glass. Garnish with raspberries and blueberries.
2. Lucky Fourth: For a cocktail with a refreshingly unique flavors and who knows maybe even a little bit of luck.
Directions: Pour Lucky Dog Vodka into a chilled pilsner glass. Add lemon juice, bitters, and top with pilsner. Garnish with lime twist and enjoy on a hot summer day.
3. Franco Espanolas Red Sangria: A great addition to any 4th of July BBQ, whip up a batch or two in advance without the soda water to let the fruit really infuse.
Directions: Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and reserve. Dice all fruit (apple, pear, and lemon) and reserve in a bowl. Dissolve the 4 tbsp. of sugar in warm water and reserve (Sugar Syrup). Pour the bottle of Franco Espanolas wine in a large bowl/jug and add the juice of 1 lemon. Mix well. Add the diced fruit, blueberries, and sugar syrup, mixing well then pour the brandy into the mixture. Let the mixture sit in a cool place for 2 to 3 hours so the fruit aromas are infused. Pour the Sangría (diced fruit included) into a tall glass half full with ice. Top off with soda water. Stir and serve immediately.
4. EFFEN Black Cherry American Dream: If you want something sweet to sip on while enjoying the day, try the American dream.
Directions: In a mixing glass, combine all ingredients over ice and shake. Strain into a tall glass over ice. Garnish with cherry and peach slice.
5. Botran Firecracker: Enjoy this fizzy firework while watching the sky light up from 4th of July celebrations.
Directions: Add all the ingredients, except ginger ale and mint sprig, to a mixing glass. Add ice and shake for ten seconds. Strain into an iced highball glass. Top with ginger ale, garnish with mint sprig.
Now that you know what to drink, all you have to do is choose which Hamptons spot to enjoy the fireworks.