If your favorite spirit is vodka, make sure you sip on one of these cocktails to celebrate on National Vodka Day which is Friday, October 4.
1. Effen Salt and Sand: Celebrate the spirit with this cocktail which finds the perfect balance between salty and sweet using the new Effen flavor.
Directions: In a mixing glass, combine all ingredients and shake with ice. Strain into a highball glass over ice. Garnish with an orange twist and cherry.
2. Pinnacle Sugared Pecan: A fall dessert favorite in a delicious liquid form.
Directions: Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a dusting of fresh ground cinnamon.
3. Coconut Cove: Anytime you get nostalgic for summer, sip on this refreshing libation.
Directions: Combine, shake and strain all ingredients into a chilled martini glass rimmed with cream of coconut and coconut flakes.
4. Big Red: A lot of flavor packed in one sip or a few if you choose.
Directions: Shake with ice. Strain over ice or as a shooter.
5. Autumn Collins: If you are tired of the traditional Bloody Mary, add a twist with two easy ingredients.
Directions: Shake and pour over cubed ice into a rocks glass. Garnish with an apple slice.