Congrats to the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks for making it to Super Bowl XLVIII. If you don’t have tickets to the big game between Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson at Metlife Stadium, here are six touchdown worthy cocktails to serve while watching the battle for the Lombardi Trophy.
1. Blitz Bowl: Make a big batch of this punch (which serves 20) to make sure you don’t miss any big drives.
Directions: Add all ingredients in a punch bowl, stir and serve.
2. Basil Hayden’s End Zone: Another great Super Bowl bash option, this bourbon and beer based punch serves 12.
Directions: Mix all ingredients in a pitcher. Pour into a highball glass over ice. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
3. Slim Chillers Skinny Freezer Martinis: Women at Super Bowl XLVIII parties will love these low-cal vodka freeze pops which come in Cosmopolitan, Watermelon Lemonade, Appletini and Lemon Drop.
Directions: Choose your favorite flavor and squeeze into martini glass. Add 1 oz. vodka if desired.
4. Bronco Bloody Maria: NFL fans know what a great arm Peyton Manning has, so here’s to the legendary Quarterback’s record-breaking season.
Directions: Combine ingredients in a Collins glass with ice, and stir. Do not shake. Garnish as desired.
5. Spiced Seahawk: The scrappy Russell Wilson will certainly add some spice to Super Bowl QB scrambles.
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Stir well and strain into the chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
6. Half Time Honey: This “Treasure” of a drink is in honor of halftime performer Bruno Mars.
Directions: Combine all the ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake well and strain into the rocks glass over fresh ice cubes or crushed ice. Garnish with a mint sprig and a lemon wedge.