It’s finally here. No doubt you’re as excited for the official start to summer as we are, so here are five cocktail ideas to enjoy while relaxing during Memorial Day weekend.
1. Jonathan Adler & Chandon Summer Design Collaboration: The Hamptons beach season is finally here, time to rejoice! Celebrate the the beginning signs of warmer weather by popping a bottle of Chandon’s limited edition bottle. Jonathan Adler designed a chic matching tray that is perfect for entertaining. Pick it up at Herbert & Rist Wine & Liquor Store in Southampton (63 Jobs Lane) or Atlantic Wines & Liquors in Amagansett (517 Montauk Highway).
2. Clear Skies: We all hope summer is full of clear skies, but if not stop by Nick & Toni’s (136 North Main Street, East Hampton, 631-324-3550, www.nickandtonis.com) to try this newly added cocktail.
Directions: Shake harder than you’ve ever shaken a drink. Strain into martini glass. Sit back and relax.
3. America the BLU-TIFUL: Raise a glass to salute the start of summer.
Directions: Fill cocktail shaker with ice, add liquid ingredients and shake. Strain into a sugar-rimmed martini glass. Garnish with olives and serve.
4. 2 GINGERS and a Mary Ann: While lounging by the pool you deserve a tropical cocktail.
Directions: Serve in a collins over ice and top with lemon-lime soda. Garnish with an orange wedge and maraschino cherry.
5. Patriot’s Plata: This refreshing drink will balance out the spicy heat of your Memorial Day weekend BBQ.
Directions: Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a coupe glass.