Whether they win or lose, every Academy Award nominee deserves to raise a glass and toast to their award worthy performance. So, here are six Oscars-themed cocktails to choose from as you watch Neil Patrick Harris host the 87th Academy Awards.
1. Broadway Bramble, inspired by “Birdman” or “The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance:”
Directions: In a Boston Shaker add all ingredients except soda water, fill with ice, cap and shake well in order to crush the blackberries. Strain into an ice filled bucket glass and top with soda water. Add blackberry garnish.
2. The Hotel Lobby, inspired by “The Grand Budapest Hotel:”
Directions: Muddle raspberries in a glass and add ice. Pour ingredients and stir. Garnish with a fresh lemon twist.
3. The Jazzy Hour, inspired by “Whiplash:”
Directions: Shake with ice and strain into a martini cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange slice.
4. Enigma, inspired by “The Imitation Game:”
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Shake and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a cherry.
5. Fiesta 75: (Created by Jacques Bezuidenhout, Partida Tequila Bartender Ambassador)
Directions: Shake all ingredients with ice except for the champagne or sparkling wine. Strain over fresh ice into a highball glass and top with champagne to finish.
6. Pinnacle Best Picture:
Directions: Shake with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. Place chocolate chips in raspberries and float in martini.