The season of non-stop baking has arrived. For those looking for a unique dessert option to bring to a holiday gathering, we suggest Woodbridge Harvest Spiced Mulled Wine Cookies. And the seasonal treat’s flavors are really enhanced when paired with the limited edition Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Harvest Spiced Red Blend.
Woodbridge Harvest Spiced Mulled Wine Cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed for at least one minute, or until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Harvest Spiced Red Blend and vanilla extract. Continue to beat together until fully incorporated.
3. In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt
4. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Be sure to fully incorporate all dry ingredients into the wet ingredients before continuing to add dry ingredients.
5. Roll 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a ball, then roll each ball in the sugar coating mixture. Place coated dough balls onto the lined baking sheets and bake for 10 to 13 minutes.
6. Remove cookies from the oven when they are lightly golden around their edges. Immediately upon removing, lightly press down on each cookie with the back of a spatula to flatten. Allow cookies to cool on the sheet for several minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely
7. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.