We can’t think of a better way to say goodbye to summer than with a beach clambake that brings together your friends and family. This delicious East Coast Clambake recipe was created by Mary McAuley, founder of Ripe Life Wines.
East Coast Clambake:
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 30 min
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
1. Slice the kielbasa diagonally into 1″ slices. Set aside.
2. In a 16-20qt. stockpot sautée onions and leeks in olive oil over medium heat for 15 minutes, until the onions start to brown.
3. Layer ingredients on top of the base in order: potatoes, salt and pepper, kielbasa, steamer clams, mussels, shrimp, and lobsters.
4. Pour in white wine and cover pot tightly. Cook over medium high heat for approximately 15 minutes.
5. Lower the heat to medium and cook another 15 minutes.
6. Once potatoes are fork-tender and clams and mussels open, cooking is complete.
7. Remove the lobsters onto a wooden board. Split them down the back and crack the
claws for service.
8. Spread the seafood, potatoes, and sausage out on a large, flat surface covered in
9. Sprinkle the top with fresh, chopped herbs and lemon zest.
10. Serve with ramekins of melted butter and the liquid base at the bottom of the pot.