Still debating what to include on your Super Bowl menu? Pepper & Onion Cheese Pizza with Tangy Mixed Greens from Martha & Marley Spoon – Martha Stewart’s meal kit service – “is the mashup of all mashups. All the bell pepper-y goodness we love about fajitas, melted cheese, cool sour cream, and fresh chopped cilantro, all on yeasty pizza dough.”
Pepper and Onion Cheese Pizza with Tangy Mixed Greens:
1. Preheat oven to 550°F with a rack in lowest position. Place a baking sheet upside down in the oven.
2. Cut sides of bell pepper, remove stems and cores, and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces. Halve, peel and cut onion into thin slivers.
3. In a small bowl, combine tomato paste with 1 Tbsp vinegar, 1 Tbsp water, 1⁄4 tsp of oregano, and 1⁄4 tsp each salt & pepper. Grate cheese.
4. Heat 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oil in a medium skillet on high. Add peppers and onions, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in cumin and remaining oregano and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat to cool slightly.
5. Lightly oil second baking sheet. Stretch dough to 3⁄4 size of pan (roughly 13″ x 10″). If it resists and springs back, let rest for 5 minutes to allow for better stretching. Spread with tomato paste mixture. Top with sautéed vegetables and grated cheese. Transfer pan to oven, setting it directly onto preheated baking sheet.
6. Bake until browned, 12-14 minutes.
7. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, 1 tablespoon water, and season with salt and pepper.
8. In a medium bowl, whisk remaining (1 tablespoon) vinegar with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Add arugula and gently toss.
9. Transfer pizza to a cutting board, drizzle with sour cream and cut into wedges. Serve with salad.
For more information about Martha & Marley Spoon, visit marleyspoon.com.