Some of your St. Patrick’s Day fare, like corned beef and cabbage, may be set in stone – but if you’re not sure what to serve for dessert, try Pastry chef and owner of Ava’s Cupcakes, Michelle Spell’s Ava’s Cupcakes Irish Soda Bread Scone with Guinness Glaze – a delicious end to the meal that highlights a few beloved Irish favorites.
Ava’s Cupcakes Irish Soda Bread Scone:
1. Combine dry ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly.
2. Combine wet ingredients, add to dry mix until incorporated.
3. Place dough onto floured surface, gently knead into a flat disk, cut with cutter or into pie shaped pieces.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
1. Pour stout into saucepan over medium heat and reduce by half.
2. Add 10X sugar, remove from heat, blend until smooth.
3. Pour heaping teaspoon over each cooled scone.
4. Allow a few moments to dry and serve.