Got a hot date in the Hamptons? If you are looking for makeup inspiration, the smoldering smokey eye Olivia Wilde sported during the Los Angeles premiere for “The Incredible Burt Wonderstone” is a trend to try. Celebrity Makeup Artist, Melanie Inglessis kept it chic and fresh by incorporating metallics into the traditional look. Inglessis advises the trick to a good smoky eye is blending!
How To Create The Look:
1. Apply Revlon PhotoReady Eye Primer + Brightener over the lids so the shadow will adhere better and last longer.
2. Start by creating the shape of the smoky eye by tracing both top and bottom rims with Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Black. (It doesn’t have to be perfect as it will be blended.)
3. Apply Revlon ColorStay Smoky Shadow Stick in Torch to fill the entire lid.
4. Use this color on the bottom lash line to start creating the smoky eye.
5. Apply Revlon ColorStay 16H Eyeshadow Quad in Precocious to lid and under the eye on top of the cream.
6. Blend all of the colors with a medium and small size shadow brush according to the eye shape that you want.
7. Then blend the smoky eye with Revlon Luxurious Color Diamond Lust Eyeshadow in Starry Pink on the outside of the eye.
8. Also use Starry Pink on the inner corner of the eyes for brightness.
9. To finish curled the lashes, applied one coat of Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara in Black to top and bottom lashes. Waited for it to dry and repeated a second time.
Revlon products are available at CVS (38 Pantigo Road, East Hampton) or Rite-Aid (82 Nugent Street, Southampton).