If you rarely switch up your look, the holidays are a fun time to experiment with new products. For Christmas makeup you might want to stay on the neutral side, although a light handed smokey eye is definitely acceptable. New Year’s Eve is definitely the time to be bold and try out a new glam look. Here are eight makeup must-haves for the holiday season.
1. Pixi Eye Alchemy Assortment: This pallet which includes 36 richly pigmented eye shadows offers endless eye combos. Pixi Eye Alchemy Assortment in Metallic Magic ($28, 1150 Old Country Road, Riverhead, 631-208-9424, www.target.com) contains beaming nudes, violets, and greys perfect for bold or neutral looks.
2. glominerals Jeweled Eye Pencil: Accentuate your shadow by defining the eyes with Jeweled Eye Pencils ($18, www.gloprofessional.com). The easy to apply pencil comes in bejeweled bronze, antique, baroque, sterling silver, and merlot.
3. BareMinerals Lash Domination Mascara: Finish the look with “larger-than-life lashes” courtesy of a few swipes of BareMinerals Lash Domination Mascara ($18, www.bareescentuals.com). The volumizing mascara lengthens, lifts, and thickens lashes while fighting flakes. The long lasting formula is smudge-resistant.
4. Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Finish Foundation: This hydrating foundation available at Neiman Marcus ($68, www.neimanmarcus.com) glides on effortlessly providing long lasting and natural looking coverage.
5. The Sparkler from The Body Shop: Illuminate skin with a spritz or two of The Sparkler from The Body Shop ($24 on sale for $12, www.thebodyshop-usa.com). The shimmery highlighter is available in gold or pink and features the subtle scent of Japanese Cherry Blossom.
6. Cargo Cosmetics Essential Lip Color: For high saturation and lip plumping apply Cargo Cosmetics Essential Lip Color ($22, www.cargocosmetics.com). Paris is a great statement red while Las Vegas is a more subdued choice.
7. Flower Shine On Lip Gloss: If lip stick isn’t your thing then try Shine On Lip Gloss from Flower by Drew Barrymore ($5 to $6.98, 765 Old Country Road, Riverhead, 631-369-1041, www.walmart.com). Zen Zinnia is a bold maroon hue while Baby’s Breath is a pretty light pink.
8. Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish: The limited edition Shake Your Money Maker color from Deborah Lippmann ($19, www.deborahlippmann.com) is a radiant emerald perfect for Christmas. Believe ($17, www.deborahlippmann.com) is a one-of-a-kind metallic gold-beige, which was created by Cher. The fun shade is ideal for NYE.