“I feel this time of the year we want to look polished and fresh, but not overly made up,” noted Pop Beauty founder and international makeup artist Sara Strand. “As spring enters in a few months we will see a burst of brave color on the lips (I can’t wait for that, but I am always an advocate of color). Look out for glowing complexions with bright orange puckers.”
For winter months, Strand said it’s all about the complexion with cashmere finishes and skin conditioning formulas that will add that much needed extra moisture to our skin in this harsh cold weather.
Here are Strand’s tips for a cashmere complexion:
1. Apply Pop Beauty Zero Shine Primer ($26) onto moisturized skin using a sponge or clean fingertips. This will mattify and minimize pores and treat the skin with an air light oil control that lasts all day. Also use this primer throughout the day to keep complexion matte and flawless, like a liquid blotting paper.
2. Next, apply concealer around the eye are (onto lids and of course under the eye to hide dark circles) around the nose, onto the chin and also anywhere else you need extra coverage.
3. To create the gorgeous chocolate eye shade, simply sweep a darker brown shadow onto the lid and blend slightly up into the crease; keeping the color concentrated on the actual lid, close to the roots of the lashes.
4. Next, curl your lashes- for really stubborn lashes, heat your lash curler up with a hair dryer and then curl; this will keep them curled longer (after heating, curl cautiously to avoid burning yourself). Then apply Pop Beauty Lash Extension Mascara ($18.50) in brown onto upper and lower lashes. Layer three to four times, letting the formula slightly dry in-between applications.
5. Finish the look off with Pop Beauty Super Silky No-Show Powder ($22). For full on cashmere coverage, use the sponge included and press powder into complexion. For a lighter finish brush onto face with a fluffy powder brush.
For more information on Pop Beauty visit www.popbeauty.co.uk.