The Crown actress Claire Foy accentuated her delicate Valentino SAG Awards dress with an effortless chignon that was created by hairstylist Jillian Halouska.
“Claire’s Valentino dress was very lovely and intricate. I wanted to edge it up a little and give the hair an editorial, runway feel,” explained Halouska. “She’s always down to try new styles and I had been planning with her makeup artist and stylist for about a week. The final look was an effortless, young and chic chignon.”
How to Achieve the Look:
1. On damp hair, apply Matrix Style Link Blowout Skinny Queen, create a center part and blow dry.
2. Part out front pieces on each side before the ear. Using the blow dryer and a round brush, twist each piece back.
3. Using Matrix Style Link Over Achiever, muss up the rest of the hair to create texture and dimension. Pull into a low pony tail leaving the front two pieces out.
4. Separate pony into three pieces and coil them around each other. Sculpt the pieces into a chignon to your liking, pinning as you go.
5. Half-tuck the front behind the ears and loosely pin a few pieces into the chignon. Lightly mist Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Replenish Oil-Mist all over for a nice, healthy sheen.
6. Lock everything in with Matrix Style Link Style Fixer.