Still in need of a Halloween getup? We’ve compiled a list of eight easy to recreate characters or personalities from shows or movies that were either filmed in the Hamptons or take place in the Hamptons.
1. Dr. Hank Lawson from “Royal Pains:” Put on a pair of khaki pants, a button-down shirt of your preference, add a stethoscope and call it a day.
2. Alison Lockhart from “The Affair:” In season 1 of the steamy Showtime show, Lockhart (Ruth Wilson) works as a waitress at a Hamptons diner (those scenes were filmed at the Lobster Roll in Amagansett). Find a pale yellow waitress outfit, an apron, brown long wig and you’re done.
3. Kourtney Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, or Kim Kardashian from “Kourtney & Khloé Take The Hamptons:” Remember that summer when the Kardashians “took” the Hamptons? We certainly do. Start by picking your favorite or least loathed (depending on your feelings about the infamous family). If you’re not blessed with long black hair, this costume will obviously require a wig. You’ll also need plenty of bronzer. If you picked Kim, you’ll need a baby bump and something from the adidas Yeezy Boost by Kanye West collection to wear. For Kourtney or Khloe, take inspiration from their Kardashian Kollection.
4. Gordon Gekko from “Wall Street:” This one’s an easy throwback. Remember that scene where Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas) is on the beach in the Hamptons, talking on an obscenely large and archaic cell phone? If not, Google image search Gordon Gekko “Wall Street” Hamptons. You can recreate his comfy, yet professional attire by wearing a luxurious, darkly colored bathrobe, pair of khakis, some loafers, and complete the look with a super retro cell phone.
5. Emily Thorne from “Revenge:” Looking for an excuse to wear something super chic? Look no further. Thorne, played by Emily VanCamp, looked effortlessly stylish whether in Carolina Herrera, Jason Wu, and Lela Rose at a Hamptons social outings or in edgy biker jackets, monochromatic outfits, and comfy knits while plotting and serving up her revenge.
6. Carrie Bradshaw, Samantha Jones, Charlotte York, and Miranda Hobbes from “Sex and the City:” For a group costume, collaborate with three of your friends, but make sure you’ve got the right Carrie (the most fashion forward), Samantha (the one with a sex kitten style), Charlotte (the most demure), and Miranda (a mostly professional wardrobe).
7. “The Real Housewives of New York City:” We couldn’t forget to include the ladies of “RHONYC.” Since its start in 2008, Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of New York City” has featured eleven memorable cast members, so you’ve really got your pick, whether you want to channel an alum like Jill Zarin or an “OG” of NYC like Ramona Singer.
8. Harry Sanborn and Erica Barry from “Something’s Gotta Give:” For a couples costume, throw on a white button-down and khaki pants and you’re Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson’s characters from the film, which shot in Southampton.