The handsome gents in your life need a few special items under the tree and sometimes they are the hardest folks to cross off your long holiday gift lists. We shopped all over to find luxurious gifts just for him (and a few that she’ll want to ‘borrow’ indefinitely).
1. What Time Is It?: Longines, the official timekeeper of the Hampton Classic Horse Show, is revered the world over for creating elegant watches for him and for her. We picked the Lindbergh Hour Angle Watch from the Heritage Collection for our holiday gift guide. The piece is a re-issue of the historic timepiece developed for the American pilot Charles Lindbergh in 1931. The black alligator strap is sleek while the uniquely angled face is tilted just so making a quick time check effortless. ($4,900, www.longines.com)
2. All Tied Up: The go-to gift for any man is a silk tie from Hermes. With so many colors and patterns to choose from you can truly find anything for your guy. We love something in red and blue like the Fil Et Rond (a series of links and circles) pattern, a great power combination all year round. ($195, Hermes Manhassett, 1988 Northern Boulevard, New York NY, www.hermes.com)
3. Get Cozy: After a long day in the Financial District or rushing through traffic in the Hamptons help him relax and unwind while sipping a martini with the ultimate in plush, Lexington Company‘s Beckley Moccasin. The stylish suede and cozy sheepskin slipper in navy will become his go-to accessory. ($129, Lexington Company, 46 Main Street, Southampton, NY, www.lexingtoncompany.com)
4. Buttoned Up: Sure he may have a hundred shirts in his closet but we’re sure he doesn’t have a set of bespoke shirts from Twillory yet. New to the online fashion scene this June, the best dressed fellas will appreciate the handmade fabrics, mother-of-pearl buttons, crisp collars, and trim fit to show off all their hard work at the gym. There are a wide variety of colors and patterns to please the most discerning man. Each shirt comes with a pre-paid mailer so you can swap out new shirts for gently worn ones that are sent to CareerGear to be passed along to those in need. ($75, www.twillory.com)
5. Fit Man: Wearable tech devices are all the rage this holiday season. While most are sporty and easy to wear sometimes you want to get fit under the radar which is why we like the Lumo Lift for guys on the go. The tiny device magnetically clips to your clothes and can pass for a silver lapel pin. There is a Swarovski version for ladies who want a bit of bling while getting fit too. The powerful device not only tracks calories and steps it also sends a gentle vibrating reminder to adjust posture which relieves back pressure and improves your posture. ($99, www.lumobodytech.com)
6. Chic Cuffs: French cuffs are so handsome, that flash of a cufflink is a great way for men to accessorize in any boardroom while staying corporate conservative. For the sailor in your life pick up silver “Anchor’s Away” cufflinks from The Tie Bar. We like the chain detail on this nautical icon. ($20, www.thetiebar.com)